May 27, 2011

Caramel Brownies



A few days ago I wrote about the recent comparison I did between two recipes for Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins, pitting one from Annie's Eats against one from another site.   The recipe from Annie's Eats came out on top in that comparison.  I've subsequently made another winning recipe from that site:  Caramel Brownies.



The recipe is pretty straight-forward:  Mix up a batch of brownie batter, bake half of it, let the baked half cool, top it with caramel and pecans, then top that with the rest of the batter, some more pecans and some chocolate chips, after which you toss it back in the oven to bake the upper layer.  



The result:  Chocolately, chewy brownies with a delicious layer of nuts and caramel running through the middle of each brownie. 


While the description above is accurate enough, it doesn't come close to capturing how good these brownies are.  Honestly, I'm not sure I can come up with words to do them justice.   Let's start with "incredibly moist."   Next comes "decadently rich chocolate flavor."  And let's not forget "delightfully chewy" or "a delicious caramel flavor that holds its own with the chocolate flavor, with neither overwhelming the other."  I guess I can also mention that I loved them, as did Juli, and my coworkers gave them rave reviews.


Really, the closest I can probably come to capturing how good these brownies are is to recommend you check out Annie's Eats, download a copy of the recipe and make up a batch for yourself.   This recipe gets my highest recommendation, and I'll definitely be making these brownies again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment