December 24, 2010

Spiced Black Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies


Last weekend, I tried out a recipe we found at one of our favorite blogs, Coconut & Lime.   The recipe in question was for Spiced Black Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies.   Black walnuts, chocolate, rum, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and mace... sounded good to me, so I made up a double-batch!

The recipe is very straight-forward, the cookies easy and pretty quick to make.

I liked these cookies quite a bit.  Juli, not so much so.   I took the bulk of the cookies to work, and I got the same results among my coworkers:  People either loved them, or had opinions ranging from "eh" to "I don't like these."  I'm not sure why the reactions to these cookies are so mixed, because the various flavors blend well and aren't overly strong, and neither the rum nor any other ingredient overwhelms the whole, but the results are what they are.   Neither Juli nor anyone else who tried one and didn't like it was able to give me a real specific answer as to why.  Juli said "Something about the flavor, maybe the alcohol, I just didn't care for it." 

So, while I personally like this recipe, it clearly isn't to everyone's taste.  My best recommendation:  If it sounds like something you would like, try it out, but don't be too disappointed or take it personally if not everyone is a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment