September 25, 2010

A Great Way to Start the Day


Usually, we tend to go for pretty simple breakfasts.  My typical breakfast is a handfull of almonds and a bit of fruit or a cup of yogurt, or maybe an English muffin... or some toast, like that pictured above with some of the peach jam Juli recently made.  This morning, though, I decided to make something a little different.

The Best-Ever Recipes collection I reviewed awhile back (http://jeffreyandjulicook.blogspot.com/2010/09/best-ever-recipes-lives-up-to-its-title.html) included a recipe for multi-grain pancakes.  With granola cereal ground fine and mixed in with the flour, they sounded pretty good, so I thought I'd give them a shot.


I made the pancakes in our new electric skillet.  They cooked up wonderfully.  In the end, we had a big plate of pancakes.  They were fluffy yet substantial, and very flavorful.  We served them up with maple and apricot syrups, maple breakfast sausage and orange-pineapple juice.  That was a good breakfast to get us ready for a big day of shopping and cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment