October 07, 2010

More Good Soup

One of the blogs we follow is Emily's Recipe Blog (http://emilysrecipeblog.blogspot.com/).  Since I've been in a soup frame of mind of late, a recipe she's currently featuring - Split Pea Soup with Potatoes and Dill -caught my eye.  It sounded pretty great to me... so I went ahead and cooked up a batch a couple nights ago.   We were pleased with the results:  a tasty, filling, thick-but-creamy soup.  As Emily noted, the flavor on this one is so good, there's no need to add salt.  Really, the only change I'm likely to make if I prepare this one again is to grate or chop up a carrot or two and add that, but it was quite good as is.


Juli says it's even better warmed up the next day.  I've unfortunately not had the opportunity to test that myself, but I believe her.  Don't take our word for it, though.  Try it our for yourself.  We think you'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment