October 30, 2010

Blueberry Pancake Breakfast



I was up well before Juli this morning, so I decided to get some errands done, and while I was out and about, I decided to pick up a few things for breakfast as well.  I'd been looking at some recipes recently, so when I decided what to make, I also knew what things I'd have to pick up.

I decided to make Blueberry Pancakes, using the recipe originally printed in the July 2003 Cook's Illustrated,  Since we were well-stocked with sugar, butter, flour and the like, I knew the only things I'd really need to pick up were buttermilk (which I like to keep in stock anyhow, but which we currently did not have) and some fresh blueberries.


When I got home, the batter came together quickly:  melt a bit of butter, mix the melted butter and an egg into the buttermilk, mix that in with the dry ingredients.  Quick and easy.  Then I cooked them up in our handy Presto Electric Skillet along with some sausage patties.




After setting the table and pouring some juice, we were ready to eat in short order.  Fast and very, very tasty.   And now we've got some nice leftovers to warm up for a quick, tasty breakfast tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment