April 29, 2011

KCups: Another Top 5 - Plain Jane Coffee That's Easy to Love!


My favorite coffees are flavored, hands down.  But I've found some unflavored coffee varieties I like, too.  Unsurprisingly, most of them use light or medium roasted coffee beans.  However, the Emeril and Paul Newman coffees both surprised me with how much I enjoyed them, since they're dark roasted.  I doubt I'll ever be able to drink my coffee black like mom, but these were all great with the requisite Splenda and flavored creamers.  So, in no particular order:


1.  Green Mount Coffee Breakfast Blend - This is a light roast, and pairs very nicely with the French Vanilla and Hazelnut creamers I like.

2.  Green Mountain Coffee Nantucket Blend - This is a medium roast, and the taste reminds me of the kind of coffee you'd get at a waffle-house-type restaurant.  Very good.

3.  Green Mountain Coffee Vermont Country Blend - Another medium roast coffee, very pleasant on a chilly morning.

4.  Emeril's Big Easy Bold- A dark roast that I found surprisingly good.  Perfect for mornings when I can't quite seem to wake up.  This coffee is my favorite of the ones featured today.

5.  Newman's Own Organics Special Blend - This is a blend of medium and dark roasted beans.  It's also the only one of the five I've listed today that I can readily buy at the Des Moines grocery stores we sometimes shop at on the way home from work.  The flavor is deep and bold, but never bitter. 



I love coffee, I love tea.
I love the java jive and it loves me.
Coffee and tea and the java and me,                     
A cup, a cup, a cup, a cup, a cup!

No comments:

Post a Comment