September 25, 2011

Cuisinart Coffee Grinder

Jeffrey uses a electric coffee/spice grinder for a lot of his recipes, and lately with his focus on pie, has used it to grind instant tapioca very finely to thicken his apple and peach pies.  Our spice grinder did not take kindly to the extra workload, and the blades completely froze up.  I had to buy a new one today, and the prices are all over the place - from $20 to a staggering $150.  I wish I would have known about this last weekend, because I saw a perfectly good one at a rummage sale for $1.

I had hoped to find a Braun coffee grinder in the stores, because I had liked the one I'd had many years ago.  Before I got the Keurig habit, I would occasionally grind my own coffee beans.  I think that little machine went to college with my son.  Anyway, there weren't any Brauns in the store at all.  I checked online, and found out that the company stopped making them around 2008.

Knowing how hard it would be working, I opted for the least expensive grinder.  Let's hope for the best!  I picked up a Cuisinart Coffee Grinder.   If it lasts for a year, I'll be amazed.  The expensive models honestly didn't look much better.

I'll keep you updated;  it will be interesting to see how long this one runs before Jeffrey kills it!

No comments:

Post a Comment