August 17, 2011

Beef, Bean and Cheese Burritos


Last weekend, when I made Beef Tacos, I made an extra large batch of taco meat.  The next day, when I made Mexican Rice to go with Chicken Breasts with Creamy Lime Sauce, I made more of the rice than I needed.   I ended using these leftovers to make a third dish:  Beef, Bean and Cheese Burritos.


The burritos were really easy to put together.   I mixed together the leftover taco meat with the leftover Mexican rice in a bowl, covered the bowl with plastic wrap and microwaved the mixture for a few minutes, until steamy hot.  


Meanwhile, I warmed up a can of chili beans (I am fond of Mrs. Grimes Tex-Mex Style Chili Beans) on the stovetop and grated some Cabot Extra-Sharp Cheddar Cheese.  Juli meanwhile chopped up lettuce we got from our CSA.  


I could have made fresh tortillas to make the burritos, and no doubt that would have made them better, but I wanted this to be an easy meal, so I bought some Mission brand large tortillas at the grocery store.


Putting together the burritos is easy.   Spoon some of the meat and rice mixture down the middle of the tortilla.  Top the meat and rice mixture with cheese, chili beans and lettuce, and with some sour cream, if you like.


Fold up the bottom of the tortilla, then fold in one side.  Roll the folded side to the other edge of the tortilla, tuck in the top and voila, you've got a burrito. 


If you plan ahead, these burritos are fast, easy and delicious, and a great way to use leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment