November 18, 2010

Chocolate-Chunk Oatmeal Cookies with Pecans and Dried Cherries

This is yet another recipe I got from the Cook's Illustrated website.  It was originally published in the May 2005 issue of the magazine.  As soon as I saw the name of the recipe, I was pretty sure this was one I was going to want to make.  An oatmeal cookie with chunks of chocolate and dried cherries?  Sounded like a winner for sure.

Well, I recently got around to making it for the first time, and I am glad to report that my initial impressions were borne out.  This recipe is a winner, and in a big way.


The recipe produced a perfect oatmeal cookie - crisp around the edges yet chewy in the middle, while chunks of rich chocolate, tart cherries and roasted pecans added a delicious variety of flavors and textures. 

What more can I say?    Well, how about noting they are quick and quite easy to make?

Accesss to recipes like this is one reason I'm glad to pay a small annual fee to access the CI archives on their website.

2 comments:

  1. I love Cooks Illustrated recipes...these cookies look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting! These are really tasty cookies, definitely time to make a new batch.

    ReplyDelete