January 07, 2011

Foolproof Thin-Crust Pizza... Just As Good the Second Time!

It wasn't long ago that I wrote about the Foolproof Thin-Crust Pizza recipe from the current issue of Cook's Illustrated (Jan/Feb 2011).  I'm pretty sure that I mentioned that I think it's a great recipe, but just in case, let me reiterate that point... it is a really, really great pizza recipe!

Anyhow, it was so great that I made it again recently, and it turned out just as great this time as last time. 


The recipe makes enough dough for two 13-inch pizzas.   As before, we topped them with Italian sausage, pepperoni and mushrooms.  The sausage, pepperoni and shredded mozzarella were all purchased from Grazianos Bros. Grocery.  The high-quality ingredients certainly played their part in making a great pizza, but they wouldn't matter if the dough and crust weren't also both top-notch.   Thankfully, both really are pretty much foolproof... they come together with minimal effort, and the results are superb.


I really can't recommend this recipe highly enough.  It's among my top ten recipes from the fine people at America's Test Kitchen.  Do yourself a favor and track down a copy of this issue (it's still in stores), or check out the Cook's Illustrated website, where either a paid membership or a free temporary membership will give you access to the entire archive of recipes from Cook's Illustrated, including this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment